Friday, May 25, 2018

A rare gift...Mission Update

 

JAMES 2-14-26

 

14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things

which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works,

and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God,

and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers,

and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

 

 

A rare gift

Greetings,

Today I received a very rare gift, you see I often wonder am I doing the right thing am I really helping anyone and do people even care…I wonder if I went to my rest if I would even be missed…

Sometimes it's just so hard to go on but of course faith carries me though…

Today the elder who mostly has been driving the bus for the pickup on the other side of town was busy cleaning the mess of the defrosted freezer along with getting ready to serve egg sandwiches, even with the help of my youngest son who is 17 he had his hands full so he asked me to pick up the people from the hangout place called the open door…

Gladly I have been making that drive for 18 years well I will start our 19th year in June, but I greatly enjoy the ride and going to see everyone…

 

Today I pulled up as normal with music blaring as normal, right off I get these real, real, strange looks from a bunch of the people…

 

Ok better get out and see what's up I thought….One fellow say's Pastor Dan YOUR are DED, or supposed to be..Really I thought I had a person about 2 weeks ago say that to me so I thought no big deal…but then I looked around and everyone was staring or most were…The fellow said they are all inside mourning, crying and talking about you so you better go in..

Now unless your homeless or they really know you from an agency etc it's really hard to get inside….

I walked in by the glass security window and the lady working behind it literally dropped her jaw…I said " Heh I need to go inside and set something strait, well she could not talk as to the shock she was in so she just nodded!

 

In I went, I said heh " I am not dead the devil has not got me yet" I say people with very sad faces about fall over and other's shouted "your Deed" I said " Not today" some I could tell were crying and others hugged me….Almost all (well over 60 people)looked shocked because the death story had came from what they thought was another reliable source..

So they packed into the us which we just brought back still needed tires and a master cylinder, but we all had a great day and I got a very special rare gift of seeing how the people we care for really would feel if I went to my rest..THANK YOU FATHER…it made the very broke day easier. I did take care of everything so far today with at almost nothing left..

 

Oh on the way back one fellow who was in shock kept talking out loud to everyone on the bus about me….Saying " I do not care what you say pastor Dan serves the Lord and he is my prophet, he does not have to do what he does but he serves GOD the LORD'' He carried on like this most of the day as he was in great shock and most all were…

 

As I was writing this a family came in with a4 month old baby, I know them but had not yet see the baby so I anointed the baby boy and mom with oil and asked the FATHER to bless them…

 

Well I am broke once again but the FATHER will take care of the rest of the needs for me today which even includes gas home and I have been allowed to serve a wonderful FATHER and SON..

 

Lift us in prayer, Help if you can

In His Perfect Peace,

Pastor Dan Catlin

 

National Satellite and Live on Net Worldwide

http://www.prophecyhour.com/p/listen-to-radio-programs-here.html

Archives

http://messiahsbranch.org/radio_archives.htm

Pod-cast Archives (webcast) RSS feed

http://branch.podomatic.com/

Breaking News and Radio Blog

http://www.prophecyhour.com/

Mission Church: Homeless & Poor Ministry

http://www.wichitahomeless.com/--

Donations and Contact (we can now take donations also by phone)

http://www.prophecyhour.com/p/contact-information-and-usful-items.html

Mailing address

230 west 4th street, Florence, KS 66851

Phone

316-619-4886

 

No comments:

Post a Comment